ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT POLICY
Caviar Biosistem d.o.o is aware of its responsibility to the society for environmental preservation and rational use of natural resources.
We use the latest technologies in all areas of our activity. They are both one of the main factors of our company’s competitive ability and allow reducing an adverse impact on the environment. Implementation of the environmental management system allows reducing environmental risks and expenditures under conditions of heavy state and international regulation in the area of environmental stewardship.
The primary objective of our company’s environmental policy is reduction of an adverse impact of production activities on the environment, preservation of employees’ and public health.
Environmental policy is a document that expresses Caviar Biosistem d.o.o. official position with respect to the company’s role and responsibilities associated with environment preservation.
Caviar Biosistem d.o.o. voices its striving to combine economic advance and environment preservation for our ancestors.
THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE IS IMPLEMENTED IN THE FOLLOWING WAY:
DUE TO IT CAVIAR BIOSISTEM D.O.O. TOP MANAGEMENT UNDERTAKES TO:
- By compliance with laws, industry-based and local regulatory requirements that govern the activity of the enterprise in the area of ecology
- By development and implementation of measures aimed at environmental stewardship
- By regional use of raw materials and other materials, compliance with process regulations
- By distribution of up-to-date, comprehensive and open information about the company’s activities in the area of environmental stewardship to employees, public authorities and community
- Carry out industrial environmental monitoring of the company’s sources of effect on the environment
- Optimize production processes, reduce specific consumption of natural and energy resources, neutralize and use production waste, introduce low-waste technologies on the basis of technological advances
- Provide assistance to governmental authorities and self-governing authorities in solving issues related to environmental stewardship
- Cooperate with suppliers having all necessary licenses and certificates as well as positive environmental reputation
- Boost the level of personnel awareness and competence in issues related to environmental stewardship
- Carry out an assessment of the impact of new activities, production processes, products on the environment
- Be available to the community.
reduction of need for fresh water as compared to a conventional form
for treatment facilities and waste disposal
monitoring of safety at all food chain stages
Conventional sturgeon breeding requires lots of water to ensure fish growth.
A FLOW-THROUGH FARM PRODUCING 40 TONS OF CAVIAR PER YEAR WOULD REQUIRE ABOUT 35,000 M3 OF FRESH WATER PER HOUR. so, it would require 840,000 m3 per day. water should be supplied from reliable sources and be properly recycled.
The solution developed by the authors of this project is based on the recirculating aquaculture technology. A fish farm based on this technology represents a complex compact structure located in a thermally insulated building, where water constantly circulates along a closed loop. Water is mechanically and biologically treated, disinfected by ultraviolet and saturated with oxygen. Optimum water temperature is maintained automatically all year round.
THE NEED FOR FRESH WATER FOR CAVIAR BIOSISTEM D.O.O. PROJECT IN SLOVENIA IS UP TO 2,520 M3 PER DAY. THE NEED FOR FRESH WATER USING RAS-FO TECHNOLOGY IS REDUCED BY 330 TIMES AS COMPARED TO CONVENTIONAL STURGEON BREEDING.
Within the framework of obligations undertaken by the company related to environmental impact mitigation, Caviar Biosistem d.o.o. developed the following major directions:
- Preliminary treatment of water discharged by RAS systems.
- Recycling of fish metabolic byproducts.
- Recycling of production waste and died fish.
- Use of eco-friendly components for complex modules heating and energy generation.
The project of the complex presupposes fresh artesian water treatment from heavy metals, sulfurated hydrogen and organic impurities using industrial ozone plants. Water used in the course of fish breeding and processing is subject to biological and ozone treatment at own treatment facilities up to the parameters approved for water discharged to open reservoirs.
Treatment facilities allow solving problems related to fish metabolic byproducts processing to finished ecologically-friendly fertilizers.
Waste accumulated in the course of processing shop operation is processed to fish meal and cod-liver oil. These products are ingredients for fish feed for own consumption produced at the enterprise.
Heat pumps and geothermal water are used for water and space heating. Existing electric mains are used to supply power to the equipment and provide for lighting. This approach ensures compliance with the requirements for environmental protection.
Caviar Biosistem d.o.o. actively invests in green production. The total amount of capital investments in construction and acquisition of equipment for treatment facilities and a production waste recycling shop will be about 2.6 million euro.
Food production also requires protection against negative impacts of the environment.
All fish breeding sections are located indoors below the ground. The temperature required for their optimum operation is maintained there all year round. Water supplied to the complex is treated from foreign matter. Fish feed is produced at own equipment. Only tested ingredients accompanied by food safety management system certificates are used for fish feed production.
Production processes presuppose wearing of overalls and use of disinfection methods. It prevents bringing of bacteria and viruses into water in which fish is bred by the operating personnel.
All that allows the company to declare the highest level of protection against adverse impacts of environmental factors.
Caviar Biosistem d.o.o. is guided by HACCP principles for food production.
Hazard analysis and critical control points or HACCP is a systematic preventive approach to food safety from biological, chemical, and physical hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe, and designs measurements to reduce these risks to a safe level. In this manner, HACCP attempts to avoid hazards rather than attempting to inspect finished products for the effects of those hazards.